Monday, January 12, 2015

Gender Bender Hipster Ariel Baby Cosplay

My son loves Ariel, from Disney's "The Little Mermaid." He calls her "mermaid." He requests that I sing "mermaid" (the part of your world number Ariel sings). And most redhead cartoon girls are called, mermaid. Loves her, he does. And we are a cosplaying family, as you can recall here, here, and here. I was inspired by his mermaid love, and some cute bow ties made by Sophie's Splendid Shop, and voila, the gender bender hipster Ariel Baby Cosplay idea was born.

Let's break that down... Ariel, as well as the other Disney princesses, are cosplayed often. Hipster Ariel sprung from a collection of funny memes that use a screen shot of a scrunchy Ariel face with some black rimmed glasses overlayed:



So the hipster Ariel cosplay was right behind the meme, and it's great:


But I have a little boy, not a girl. No worries, you see gender bender all the time in cosplay: 



So first, I created a Polyvore board with my costume ideas...

Gender Bender Hipster Ariel

And without further ado, my results!










Of course, I had to do my own meme...he even got the annoyed lip snarl right! I had so much fun with this whole project, and I hope you enjoy it too!


No comments:

Post a Comment