Monday, March 9, 2015

Three year old session

I've been photographing my best friend's son for a while now. He had just turned three, and we needed to do a new shoot. I really wanted to do a lifestyle shoot of him, just playing with his toys. Now I also watch my friend's son a few times a week, when she needs to head to work a bit early for a meeting. My husband suggested I do a shoot while she was working and surprise her the photos...genius!

Let me tell you a little about my friend's son.  In a word, he's active. He's fast, silly, vocal, and did I mention fast? I can't do crazy high ISOs on my camera, and while the natural light from the windows was amazing, it wasn't a ton of light. I had to open my aperture almost the whole way, and was working with a slower-than-I-would-like shutter speed. Did this cause some technical flaws? Sure. But I'm also pretty sure I captured the essence of this little guy, and that matters most.

And without further ado:














Thanks for stopping by! Leave some love in the comments!

No comments:

Post a Comment